Sunday, May 25, 2014

Day 59 - UNM Hospital, It Happened Again Tonight The Terrible Pain


India's had a second and even harsher bout of pain tonight.  The first one was bad, the second one ended with India vomiting. She's not in pain right now, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

During this last bout of pain, India was holding onto me, tears going down her cheeks pleading with me to help her in-between screams. I stood there helpless as I tried to calmly talk to her, rubbing her head and kissing her face.

The Doctors will do some imaging of her hips first thing in the morning to try to figure out what's going on.

I'm beginning to believe that the definition of hell is the place a parent who loves their child finds themselves as they helplessly watch them in indescribable pain, begging the parent for relief. 




No comments:

Post a Comment