Monday, January 27, 2014

Day 9 In Boston - I DON'T WANT TO WAKE HER UP....


It's time, I need to wake India up so we can go to the hospital. She is going to be frightened and plead with me to let her go to school today to be with her boyfriend Daniel instead.

In a matter of hours I'll hold her as she asks for me to help her as the IV lines are painfully placed in her fragile veins by a group of strangers with blue masks looking down on her. 

My child will yet again be terrified and looking to me to rescue her. India will tightly hold onto my hand saying "daddy help, please".

I've not slept much tonight as I've been anticipating what is about to happen.

In fact, I sit here not able to wake her with my usual smile. I know the dangerous procedure she faces and the pain she will experience.

I want to just cradle her and make it ok.

Nobody deserves this.


No comments:

Post a Comment