Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Day 22 - UNM Hospital, 4:07 AM Pain

India awoke with pain again. This happens all the time, every night. But this time, a "tech" came in to take my childs blood pressure before I had time to press the "nurse" button. When the "tech" entered the room, I was repositioning India and stretching her pained legs. This "tech" asked if everything was ok, I said "no", she ran and got India's assigned nurse for help.

The assigned nurse returned without even evaluating my child with scheduled medications in hand; she'd missed the pre-determined time to medicate my child. I honestly don't know if this nurse was sleeping again but regardless, I was horrified. This same nurse had only hours before erroneously chastised me for allowing my beautiful childs pain to "get out of control" as this nurse had been sleeping in a "Patient Consult Lounge" while on duty. As she slept, I'd been pressing the "help" button on the hospital bed as I tried to relieve my childs hurt.


India has been medicated now, she is in a deep sleep. The last thing she told me was that she loved herself, she kissed me on the cheek and said that she wanted to marry her boyfriend Daniel; I told India that I loved her.






No comments:

Post a Comment