Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Dude Has Autism...

My son Nikki has been diagnosed with Autism. 

I could tell you all the usual "God won't put more on my plate than I can handle" or "He's just the way he was meant to be", but I'd be lying. I don't believe in those sayings.


I do believe that life can be very cruel. God doesn't always protect or respect children. And that for those with disabilities, each day can be unbearable.


That being said, India and Nikki couldn't have chosen a better family to be a part of when they popped into the world. We will go to the ends of the earth to protect them and give as many smiles and laughs as humanly possible.


So I'll get up tomorrow and start the new day; hoping it's a good one for everybody.

 























No comments:

Post a Comment