Saturday, January 18, 2014

- Day 1 To Boston - A Friend Indeed


I have a pal who is the "shit".  When we were younger, life was different for both of us. If you'd asked each of us what we'd thought we'd be doing in 2014, I can guarantee that neither of us would have painted a picture of what our lives are today.

My buddy was injured in a brutal parachuting accident and is now wheelchair bound. Life for him has been unimaginable.  However he's come through it all like a champ and inspires me in ways I'll never be able to convey.

Well, as I've been saying recently, I've realized that "family" has nothing to do with "blood"; it's about "love". It's been a bitter sweet lesson at 45 years of age and in my situation, harsh.

So my good friend who lives in Alaska contacted me tonight and after the conversation he left me speechless.  He is going to fly literally across the United States of America, from Alaska to Massachusetts to spend a week with me and India in Boston. You can imagine how difficult this is for him to get from his home to Anchorage, then all the way to Boston with the stops in between solo in his wheelchair.


in·teg·ri·ty
inˈtegritē/
noun
  1. 1.
    the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
    "he is known to be a man of integrity"
    synonyms:honestyprobityrectitudehonor, good character, principle(s), ethics,morals, righteousnessmoralityvirtuedecency,
    fairness,scrupulousness, sinceritytruthfulness, trustworthiness

    "I never doubted his integrity"


in·spir·ing
inˈspīriNG/
adjective
  1. 1.
    having the effect of inspiring someone.
    "he was an inspiring teacher"


This is my friend Allen M. Tonkin III
We call him "3"
(And I'm still taller than him!)


So many beautiful people have stepped forward to help; family; life is beautiful.


Any help is greatly appreciated

No comments:

Post a Comment