Monday, February 3, 2014

Day 16 In Boston - Needed Break - Gut Wrenching Return




My pal who flew in from Alaska to help me with India took me out to dinner tonight after the nurses told me I needed a break.

We went to the Union Oyster House and it was absolutely incredible food.

We ate and laughed and then ate more. I think we had a total of 7 courses.



I returned to the hospital feeling human again. It was a great break for me. And I returned with some yummy dinner for India. But when I entered her room I felt every ounce of energy leave my body with what I saw.

India was in so much pain that she couldn't call out for help so nobody knew as she lay there helpless experiencing a hurt I can't begin to imagine. I had to emergency call for help while I held her. India sobbed in my arms quietly saying "owie daddy help me please". 


We got her pain under control and I held her until she fell asleep.  I just can't leave her for any extended period again until she's recovered.



No comments:

Post a Comment