Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day 24 In Boston - Post Surgery - "1st Attempt To Remove Traction"


Two weeks ago yesterday, Monday January 27th, 2014 - India had her hip/femur surgery at Harvard Boston Children's Hospital.
  

Yesterday morning, we took India off of her traction. Everything went well. India was making jokes with the nurses and talking nonstop about marrying Daniel.


A few hours later, I went to get India lunch. Just as I was getting back to the hospital a nurse calls me and says "not an emergency but that I should get back ASAP".



The minute I entered the room, India started sobbing and grabbed onto me asking for help; she was in a lot of pain. I tried to sooth her every way I could think of, including handing India a photo of her boyfriend "Daniel".  She put his picture against her lips, kissed it and then started crying again.

http://moomock.blogspot.com/2013/06/beautiful-love-may-24-2013.html

The nurses gave India pain meds. When that didn't work, they called a "stat" with the Orthopedic team. The Orthopedic team quickly put India back in traction and her pain eventually stopped. 

The doctor said they need to keep India in traction for another week.

India went to bed holding Daniels photo.


https://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/she-doesn-t-deserve-this/114808














No comments:

Post a Comment