Thursday, April 8, 2010

Here we go, hold on!


I'VE HAD AN INTENSE LIFE... NO REALLY... IT'S BEEN FUCKING INSANE!! 

I was bounced from home to home as a child. My parents came and went, depending on the circumstances in their lives at the time. 


I was drinking by the age of 9, coke by 14, crack by 17. I've ingested almost every mind altering substance available and frequented the most incomprehensible and demoralizing places imaginable.

I attended 7 different schools by the time I'd graduated high school. 

I watched my father and pregnant step-mother killed in a balloon accident. I I held both my great-grandmothers when they died and I was with and holding both my grandmothers when they passed on. To date, I've lost 8 friends from my youth. 4 of them from drug and alcohol related deaths.

I served in the NAVY, worked on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier. I participated in all things one would imagine a sailor would in the 80's throughout numerous countries.

I've created and produced Emmy winning television shows, had numerous companies.  Some successful, more not.  I've made millions and I've lost millions. 

I've raised two beautiful little girls, one of which has cerebral palsy. I've dedicated my life to them without a second thought.

I've made unimaginable mistakes, ripped through peoples lives like a tornado. I've stopped my life to help people in need and given my last penny to help another.

I've battled anxiety and depression my entire life and only recently became truly willing and able to take the massive steps towards peace.

This blog will be a journey through my past, present and future.  In a way, it will be a way for me to purge events, free memories, humble myself and move on with my life.  I'll have the regular comedic and political breaks to remind myself and friends who I am now.

I'm going to be brutally honest, so if you're a judgmental person, this isn't the place for you.

Welcome to the life of Brainard.

2 comments:

  1. I'm speechless and that's not an easy thing to accomplish....take care of yourself, my friend <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donnie, I found your blog and I have spent the last two hours or so catching up. Some of your stories were very sad and others were really funny. I could feel your emotions as I read your blog. You are a good communicator of emotion. The story about India was very intense. Thanks for sharing! Quint

    ReplyDelete